ME

This is my story of dedication (for getting into my dream school), belief (in God), courage (to regain the confidence I have lost), and hope (in eventually, finding my Romeo). Let's see how it all works out.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Prince Charming

Every night
Before I go to bed,
I make a perfect black line on the lids of my eyes,
And apply a shade of sparkly blue shadow
I put rosy pink powder on the apples of my cheeks
And a shimmer of glitter across my lips
I straighten my hair, only to put it in a braid
And slide a silver ring unto my timid fingers
I put on a one shouldered, flowy, black dress
And slip on a pair of sparkly converse

I lie down in bed, waiting for some winter night where my Prince Charming knocks on my window
And takes me to a world unknown
Where he unbraids my hair
And slides his coat onto my shoulders,
The smell of musk blending with my velvet rose
He kisses me delicately
And weaves his fingers with mine, twisting the ring endlessly
He whispers me stories; and we laugh and cry

Most times, my Prince Charming never comes
Sometimes, I see only a sliver or his shadow
Yet I'm content - maybe even elated with just that
Because I believe in hope
And in faith
And I'm willing to wait for that night where the incessant tapping on the window becomes reality

3 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I love all of them and they truly make my day! Plus, keep checking back because I always end up replying to them!
xoxo
:)