ME

This is my story of dedication (for getting into my dream school), belief (in God), courage (to regain the confidence I have lost), and hope (in eventually, finding my Romeo). Let's see how it all works out.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hurt

With my hood up in the dim light,
My hair looked perfectly straight; no frizz, no split ends
My skin looked flawless, signs of blemishes hidden
My nose looked perfectly point
My lips looked perfectly stained
With my hood up in the dim light,
I seemed impeccable

"Good" she approved tersely
Her words signaled satisfaction,
But I'm not blind
And staring into those piercing eyes,
I felt daggers stab me in the heart
Blood deluging in the form of tears
And I remained silent

But one day, this silence, this acceptance would kill me
The blood would dry out
And my fragile heart would shatter
And maybe then, she'll regret
And maybe then, I'll be good enough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love all of them and they truly make my day! Plus, keep checking back because I always end up replying to them!
xoxo
:)