ME

This is my story of dedication (for getting into my dream school), belief (in God), courage (to regain the confidence I have lost), and hope (in eventually, finding my Romeo). Let's see how it all works out.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

boys.are.jerks.

Boys are jerks. And I'm not talking about the obvious "jerks" or the ones who are incessantly making vulgar and condescending comments. I'm talking about the guys that seem normal. That are easy to talk. That smile at you. That make you feel good. And then, right when they have you in your corner, without any support, without any place to run, they stab you -- indirectly of course. But they stab you and leave a giant hole right smack in the middle of your heart.
That's what guys do. All of them.
Today, in physics, I sit next to a guy and he's nice and all. We're physics buddies, as I help him with some of his questions and he helps me with some of mine. We make decent conversation. Yet, when the teacher asks us to move our lab tables in a new formation, he carelessly walks away, leaving me (with the fortunate help of this other girl) to move those damn, heavy tables. He walks away, looking back no more.
...
Then two blocks later, as I sit on the bus, I am forced to hear these two freshman talk about this "hot girl". Their definition of hot? "Double Ds" and a couple of snickers. They look at me, in some sort of way...to make me jealous? to reign their superiority? I don't know. But I ignore them, my ears stinging from those ugly words.
...
Honestly...is that how all boys are like? Have they all ditched the codes of chivalry for the scripts of apathy and haughtiness? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love all of them and they truly make my day! Plus, keep checking back because I always end up replying to them!
xoxo
:)