ME

This is my story of dedication (for getting into my dream school), belief (in God), courage (to regain the confidence I have lost), and hope (in eventually, finding my Romeo). Let's see how it all works out.

Monday, September 27, 2010

What can the Greater Washington business community learn from today's high school students?

And that my fellow followers, is the question I am supposed to intuitively answer for the essay competition. I love writing...I truly do. I love creating new words; I love using fragments; I love being myself when I write. However, by the time I submit this essay, all the hairs on my head will be gone and my nails will have been bitten to their furthest extremes... because quite frankly, I have no idea why I'm writing this.
Yes, this essay intrigues me because I believe 100% that teenagers have one of the most well thought, creative, and developed minds in the world. I myself am a teenager and know for a fact (well, not a fact :) ) that I am just as capable of succeeding in the business world as that sophisticated, suit and tie, briefcase in one hand, guy strolling the streets of New York. I can come up of incessant reasons why teenagers rule and adults drool. So, take that everyone :p
However, the thing that sucks about writing this essay is that I'm writing for other people. I can see myself forcing words on to the paper...which is the worst crime ever committed, analogous to sticking a teeny, tiny baby into frigid ice water to let it drown (Oh God, that's an awful, cynical thought. Sorry!) I can feel myself twisting phrases and enforcing new big ostentatious words just so I can maybe have a chance of winning. But I highly doubt I'm going to win. Half way through the essay, I gave up and began to incorporate my sardonic, witty comments. Oh well. After that 64% (83% with the curve) I got on that AP Lang test, I will definitely need the extra credit. 

Oh. And welcome to my blog <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love all of them and they truly make my day! Plus, keep checking back because I always end up replying to them!
xoxo
:)