ME

This is my story of dedication (for getting into my dream school), belief (in God), courage (to regain the confidence I have lost), and hope (in eventually, finding my Romeo). Let's see how it all works out.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

How did James Madison's belief about Great Britain's seizure of American ships differ from Thomas Jefferson's beliefs?

Jefferson: Didn't prefer war, thinking Britain only attacked American ships to block American trade with France. He thought that once the war between Britain and France was over, everything would go back to normal.

Madison: Believed that Britain wanted to remove U.S. as a trading rival - war was inevitable and necessary.

But what was Britain's real reason for impressment? History books always have America's viewpoint...but doesn't every story, every conflict, every problem have two sides? I want to know Britain's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love all of them and they truly make my day! Plus, keep checking back because I always end up replying to them!
xoxo
:)