ME

This is my story of dedication (for getting into my dream school), belief (in God), courage (to regain the confidence I have lost), and hope (in eventually, finding my Romeo). Let's see how it all works out.

Friday, October 15, 2010

when did the sun die?

Last year, I was blinded by you. You were the sun in the sky; the one who made my day get better, get happier. You were the funny one, and your laugh was infectious. You were the smart one, always turning in homework on time, always ready to get extra credit. You were the one who could run a mile in six minutes or lead the lacrosse team to victory. You were awkward and shy, yet you were one of the loudest people at lunch. Your personality...your name... was pervasive. You were perfect.

But I don't know why it took me a good one year to see right through your shell. To look past that sculptured smile or those plastered eyes. I guess I just ignored the dirty words that deluged out of your mouth; I guess I just laughed with you as you copied the homework from you friend. I guess I just looked past that haughty demeanor you carried. I don't know how on earth I was able to sit through your "I'm perfect" moments for two blocks every other day.

Well, every light dies out eventually, right? Well, sorry hon, but yours was flickering the day I met you. I was a fool to have praised you. But then again, I was blind. I never saw the sparks. I kinda just listened to my heart's perpetual thump, thump, thump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love all of them and they truly make my day! Plus, keep checking back because I always end up replying to them!
xoxo
:)